Friday, October 17, 2008

Fred Spencer

Colby Community College has announced the selection of Fred Spencer as assistant coach for the Lady Trojan basketball team.  He will assist first-year head coach Brady Jasper.
Spencer coached women’s basketball at Riverview High School and Newsome High School in Tampa, Fla.  Prior to accepting the job at CCC, Spencer was Senior Program Manager at the YMCA in Orlando, Fla., which served 2,000 youngsters.
He began his college basketball career at Chipola Junior College in Marianna, Fla., and continued to play basketball at Troy State in Troy, Ala. 
“Prior to finishing my degree at Troy State, I returned to Tampa to assist my ailing grandmother,” said Spencer. “I completed my degree in Human Services at Springfield College while living in Tampa.”
After graduation, Spencer played professional basketball in Spain for four years.
“I really want to coach on the collegiate level,” said Spencer.  “People in the community of Colby have been very friendly. I am looking forward to assisting Coach Jasper this season and to recruiting for next year’s team.”
Spencer and his wife have three children ages 14, 12 and 7.

No comments: